Ever had any difficulty achieve most of the stretches in the middle of ballet warm-ups? Flexibility in ballet doesn’t always come naturally. Some professional ballet dancers have even developed products designed specifically to help ballet students achieve the flexibility needed to accomplish the grand plies and the grand jetes. Behold the Original Ballet Stretch Band and the Leg Stretcher Set for Total Flexibility by Balance Pro.
- The Original Ballet Band is available in light fuchsia pink. It has a perimeter of 90 inches with width of 1.4 width. Made up of durable latex, it is 2/3 inches thick. The level of stress tests that it has received ensured the durability that it can muster once used for stretching the legs while in a sitting position.
- The FlexMax Leg Stretcher is the black band that comes with a door anchor. This looks like a little loop that you put on a hook on a ceiling, if any, or a hook found at the top of any door around your house. One end of the strap also has a loop but that is for one foot to help you stretch your leg in a standing position.
- The manuals in using these stretch band are included in the package as PDF copies. You are not left in the dark half-guessing the ways with which you can use these stretch bands.
- The Original Ballet Band
- With the ballet stretch band, a student may hook her feet on the loops found on each side of the band and stretch her legs.
- With the band just behind the butt or above the hip, the feet are pulled from behind, stretching the legs and forming a straight line.
- The FlexMax Leg Stretcher
- With the FlexMax Leg Stretcher, you achieve better flexibility one leg at a time.
- This is the band used when you have problems achieving the right posture for arabesques.
- This is also recommended for dancers having issues lifting their legs and keeping their bodies in balance while standing.
- You pull the band with one hand and see your foot stretched without pain unless you pull the band harder.
- The pain tolerance is only as hard as how you pull that band.
- The Manuals in PDF Format
- Having the manuals in PDF form means having an option to just view the instructions from your laptop as you stretch your legs with the Original Ballet Stretch Band or stretching just one leg with the FlexMax Leg Stretcher.
- You may also print the manual to be attached on some clipboard.
- The Original Ballet Stretch Band still needs assistance for other folks that need to stretch their legs upwards.
- This happens when one end of the band is attached to one foot while the other end is on the shoulder.
- So achieving that pose where the leg is stretched outward while held together with the arm on one shoulder meant outside help. .
- The FlexMax Leg Stretcher ends up not fulfilling its purpose of flexibility when you put your foot the wrong way on that loop.
- Put the foot with the sole on the band and risk slipping it away.
- Unless the manual can go specific in saying the band should be just right above the ankle, the goal of stretching the hamstring is closer to reality.
- In some isolated cases, the PDF is not included in the package.
- So anyone with an incomplete package ends up Googling some videos online just to learn how to use those bands.
- Yoga EVO Stretching Strap with Handling Loops
- Not for ballet but they contain the almost same exercises that involved stretch bands.
- Almost because the stretches are done for yoga routines, not for ballet warm-ups. Hamstring stretches are also done using the bands in the package sold here.
- Ballet Stretch Band by MWF
- This is also called a ballet stretch band except that it is also marketed towards other people involved in other fitness disciplines like gymnastics and ice skating.
- This one comes with a pink bag to match the pink strap brand.
Even if you are already a professional ballet dancer, you need to keep those joints and hamstrings flexible. In the same way that some middle-aged people having issues with their flexibility, ballet dancers trying to warm-up their legs find it easier to stretch with the help of these bands. It is also highly recommended for the elderly grannies that needed additional tools for their home-based self-help therapy sessions.
Top-rated similar product